Position: X-Ray Technologist
Job Posting No: #2019-10
Date: March 8, 2019
Closing Date: March 15, 2019
Department: Primary Health
Reports to: Senior X-Ray Technologist
Hours of Work: Varied
Consistent with the principles of primary health and the Mission, Vision and Values of Mount Carmel Clinic and reporting to the Director of Primary Health, the X-Ray technologist provides diagnostic services for individuals of the Point Douglas Community and surrounding area. As a member of a client centered interdisciplinary team, the incumbent provides service to individuals across the life span. The incumbent adopts a long term approach to client care consistent with the philosophy of harm-reduction and as a means to ensuring continuity of care for the client.
The X-Ray technologist will provide technical diagnostic services related to x-rays and electrocardiograms and to collaborate with the Director of Primary Health in overseeing the day today operation of the diagnostic services department.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited college or educational program with a Medical Radiological Technologist diploma
- Must be registered member of the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in an inner city community health setting
- Knowledge and proficiency of computers and keyboarding including EMR, Work, Outlook and Excel is an asset
- Experience in delivering individual and group educational sessions is an asset
- Able to work in a multidisciplinary environment with respect, professionalism, cooperation, sensitivity and cultural proficiency
- Ability to work in a pro-choice community health facility in an inner city community and provide care using harm reduction principles
- Knowledge and understanding of issues impacting the health of inner city residents
- Knowledge and understanding of Indigenous cultures and traditions
- Ability to work within the impacts of the social determinants of health in an effective and non-judgemental way
- Knowledge of the legacy of residential schools, colonization, assimilation, and the impacts of such history on the health of individuals
- Understanding of how culture and diversity influence the client service plan
- Ability to mentor, support, and work alongside students and volunteers
- Must have demonstrated acceptable attendance and job performance relevant to this position
- Must be able to adhere to the requirements of the Respectful Workplace Policy
- All positions are subject to a Criminal Record and a Child Abuse Registry check in accordance with Mount Carmel Clinic Security Check policy.
Mount Carmel Clinic has undertaken to increase responsiveness to Indigenous people by promoting a workforce that is representative of its participant population. Applicants are encouraged to self-declare in their cover letter or resumé.
Please submit Application Form (where applicable) or cover letter and resume, quoting job posting #2019-10 to:
Mount Carmel Clinic
886 Main Street
Winnipeg, MB R2W 5L4
Fax # 204-582-4733
To be properly considered for a position, both the posting number and job title to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants; however only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.