Position: Primary Care Physician
Job Posting No: 2016-65
Date: December 20, 2017
Closing Date: Open until filled
Status: Part Time, Permanent
Department: Primary Health
Reports to: Director Primary Health
Hours of Work: To be negotiated*
*Note: The hours of work for this position may vary based on the department’s operational requirements.
Consistent with the Mission, Vision, and Values of Mount Carmel Clinic (MCC) and reporting to the Director of Primary Health; the Primary Care Physician (MD) provides comprehensive health care within their scope of medical practice for clients of the North Point Douglas Community and newcomer groups. As a member of a client-centered interdisciplinary team, the incumbent will provide care to individuals across the life span, promoting whole health, preventing illness and assisting individuals, families and groups to achieve an optimal state of health. The Physician works in collaboration with other MDs, NPs, clerks, nurses and other health professionals to offer health services.
- Medical Degree and current license to practice medicine in the Province of Manitoba
- Proficiency in the use of basic computer applications; EMR competency an asset
- Five years’ experience in community medicine
- Ability to work within an interdisciplinary environment with respect, professionalism, co-operation, and cultural sensitivity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact positively with community members, management, and staff
- Knowledge and understanding of issues impacting the health of inner city residents
- Understanding of how culture and diversity influence the client service plan
- Ability to work within a collaborative, de-colonial, trauma informed, and client centered approach and support MCC’s values in meaningful ways.
- Ability to work in a pro-choice community health facility in an inner city community and provide care using harm reduction principles
- Ability to work within the impacts of the social determinants of health in an effective and non-judgmental way
- Knowledge and understanding of Indigenous cultures, languages, customs, values, and traditions
- Knowledge of the legacy of residential schools, colonization, assimilation, and the impacts of such history on the health of individuals
- Ability to mentor, support and work alongside students and volunteers
- Must have demonstrated acceptable attendance and job performance relevant to this position
- Must be able to adhere to the requirements of the Respectful Workplace Policy
*All positions are subject to a Criminal Record and Child Abuse Registry checks. Applicants may be required to undergo testing to determine their knowledge, skill and ability as they relate to the position.
Mount Carmel Clinic has undertaken to increase responsiveness to Indigenous people by promoting a workforce that is representative of its participant population. Applicants are encouraged to self-declare in their cover letter or resumé.
Please submit detailed resume quoting job posting #2016-65 to:
Mount Carmel Clinic
886 Main Street Winnipeg, MB R2W 5L4
Fax # 204-582-4733
To be properly considered for a position, both the posting number and job title to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants; however only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Mount Carmel Clinic is an Equal Opportunity Employer.