Position: Child Care Assistant
Classification: Child Care Assistant
Salary Range: $12.206 – $14.146 per hour
Job Posting No: 2018-54
Date: November 23, 2018
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Department: Anne Ross Day Nursery
Reports to: Assistant Director, ARDN
Hours of Work: Casual*
*Note: The hours of work for this position may vary based on the department’s operational requirements. Must be available 9am-5pm on school in-services and breaks.
The incumbent will work with infants to preschool children in a licensed setting working with the team of ARDN staff implementing a preschool program under the supervision of the Assistant Director of ARDN.
- Minimum 2 years experience working with infants to preschool children in a licensed preschool setting.
- Classification as a Child Care Assistant
- Current Infant/Child First Aid and CPR training
- Successful completion of Introduction to Early Childhood Education or proof of enrolment
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, written & verbal.
- Ability to work independently and within an inter-disciplinary team environment with respect, professionalism, co-operation, sensitivity and cultural awareness
- Ability to adapt rotating job tasks effectively within shift which will include: attending to the children’s nap room, facilitating and implementing group activities, diapering, snack prep, light housekeeping, and other CCA duties based on children and program needs
- Ability to work in a pro-choice community health facility in an inner city community and provide care using harm reduction principles
- Ability to work within the impacts of the social determinants of health in an effective and non-judgemental way
- Knowledge of the legacy of residential schools, colonization, assimilation, and the impacts of such history on the health of individuals
- Understanding of how culture and diversity influence the client service plan
- Ability to mentor, support, and work alongside students and volunteers
- All positions are subject to a Criminal Record and a Child Abuse Registry check in accordance with Mount Carmel Clinic Security Check policy.
- Must be proficient in English
- Must have demonstrated acceptable attendance and job performance relevant to this position
- Must be able to adhere to the requirements of the Respectful Workplace Policy
Mount Carmel Clinic has undertaken to increase responsiveness to Indigenous people by promoting a workforce that is representative of its participant population. Applicants are encouraged to self-declare in their cover letter or resumé.
Applicants may be required to undergo testing to determine their knowledge, skill and ability as they relate to the position.
Please submit Internal Application Form or resume and cover letter quoting job posting #2018-54 to:
Mount Carmel Clinic
886 Main Street
Winnipeg, MB R2W 5L4
Fax # (204) 582-4733
To be properly considered for a position, both the posting number and job title to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants; however only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Mount Carmel Clinic is an Employment Equity Employer.